Friday, October 19, 2012

Peach Jelly











I belong to a Craft SIG (special interest group) through the San Antonio Herb Society. One of the members (Katherine) decided to teach us how to make peach jelly.  It was a great group of ladies and we had such fun.  Several members hadn't made it before so I took great joy watching them see the process and how easy it can be. So the air conditioning went out in August and it was about 105 outside and probably 115 inside.  We had fans blowing to keep the temperatures down while we heated up the kitchen with several pots of jelly brewing!  We ran low on lemons and I was very happy to go and get them in my air conditioned car into the air conditioned grocery store.  It probably doesn't help that I may have had a hot flash or two!  Afterwards we sat down for a lovely lunch (potluck), and as always it was scrumptious!

No comments: