My time living in Germany had a profound effect on my life. Wherever we traveled I picked up something to remind me of that place. One of our favorite places was Rothenburg ob de Tauber. I loved the old world feel of walking through the city. The painting on the wall is from there.
We picked up this piece of furniture and a smaller one that is very similar to this in a shop in Stuttgart, Germany. It is an Italian piece. The top has leaded glass and the bottom has a floral pattern with inlaid wood. The piece in the middle is marble. It is lovely.
My daughter Jessica painted this painting on the wall. It was her first attempt at watercolor. She keeps reminding me that when she gets her own home it is going with her. I have been making terrariums with anything that sits still long enough...this one was fun. I used items I had throughout the house to add to it.


No comments:
Post a Comment